Essex Electric

Emersons was established in 1912 by Roland Basham Emerson as R B Emerson Limited. The energetic and successful founder began by building a strong reputation for the company in Southend-on-Sea, Essex. The electrical installations in many of Southend's landmark buildings, including the Library, the Cliffs Pavilion and Southend Police Station, were the work of Roland Emerson’s fast-growing business.

The Company remained a privately owned business until 1994 when it was purchased by Datasure, who then evolved into Rebus after first becoming a listed company. In 2002 the company returned to private ownership and is now owned by the three directors through R B Emerson Group Limited.

Over almost a Century of successful trading the Company has built good commercial foundations and a strong system of financial management, both of which add to its demonstrated durability in today’s markets. Clients and contracts now extend across the UK and there’s a hugely comprehensive services portfolio covering electrical, mechanical, computer services and interior refurbishment work.

The group portfolio and position in the market place has more recently been further improved by the acquisition of Essex Electric Ltd, who have provided air conditioning installation and maintenance since 1934.